All renters are subject to the following policies
- A DOT Helmet must be worn at all times during operation.
- Zero alcohol consumption while operating the vehicle (no exceptions).
- Renters and passengers must read and sign the rental agreement, and liability release.
- Traffic & parking violations are the responsibility of the renter. Undeclared parking tickets not paid by the renter will be charged to the renter, and will include an additional $40.00 processing fee.
- If, for any reason, upon the return of the rented scooter Tuff City Powersports Ltd is unable to perform an immediate inspection of the vehicle, Tuff City Powersports Ltd will hold the deductible until it has an opportunity to conduct an inspection to a maximum of 48 hours.
- Renters and passengers who have signed the rental agreement and liability release are the only persons allowed to operate, or ride, on the rented motorcycle or scooter.
- Operation of a scooter on off-paved roads will result in a penalty payable to Tuff City Powersports Ltd. The amount shall determined by staff athe time of return and will cover any damages sustained.
Requirements and Licensing
- A valid driver’s license or novice license is required for all scooter rentals. Renters with a learner’s license are not permitted to rent a scooter.
- Any driver of a scooter must be at least 19 years of age, or have a legal parent or guardian present at the time of rental to sign a liability release on behalf of the minor.
- A valid International Driver’s Permit is required for licenses that do not meet Canadian standards.
- The renter must be qualified and possess the required skills and experience to safely operate the scooter they wish to rent. The renter represents that they possess the necessary qualifications, required skills, and experience to safely operate the rental motorcycle or scooter.
- The renter is responsible for checking engine oil levels at each refueling and reporting mechanical issues as soon as possible. Instructions and procedures for maintenance are provided at pick-up. Failure to do so resulting in damage to the rental will be charged to the renter.
- The renter should contact Tuff City Powersports Ltd for assistance or information relating to the rental and will be provided with Tuff City Powersports Ltd contact numbers for support in case of any incident.
- No off-road coverage.
- In the event of an accident the renter will be responsible for all costs incurred in the retrieval and repair of the motorcycle.
- If you have a flat tire, please call Tuff City Powersports Ltd at (250) 591-0415 to arrange to have the rental unit picked up.
- Patches and tire repair kits are to be used only in emergency situations and are not acceptable for extended riding. The renter must have previous experience and training with such kits. The renter accepts full responsibility and liability under such conditions, as well as the cost of the replacement tire specified under the conditions stated above.